We are self-described “legal outliers.” Our vision is to inspire & educate, deliver legal advice to the business as trusted partners and strategy generators and act as change agents for the legal profession. The work environment we have built is evidence of the fullness of our lives (we wouldn’t choose a legal career anywhere else!) We believe in “the sweat life” – sweat, relationships & personal development – and we live it every day.
A day in the life of Manager – Compliance and Privacy
• Recommend, develop, define and maintain global compliance, privacy and information management policies, standards and procedures and guidelines as necessary to ensure the organization is positioned to meet legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
• Provide ongoing management, content development and oversight of the compliance and privacy training program. Facilitate and promote activities to foster employee awareness about compliance and privacy across the organization.
• Work cross functionally to assure compliance and privacy practices and policies are communicated on a global scale.
• Serve as a point of contact for breach and incident management; interact with third party service providers in the event of an incident, query or investigation; provides leadership internally in such events.
• Update and modify Privacy Policies, Anti-Bribery Policies and other operational policies guidelines, practices and processes to respond to evolving compliance risk exposures and changes in industry and technology on an as needed basis.
• Address non-compliance issues through investigation and risk mitigation, as well as, where required, lead cross functional teams to respond to non-compliance with appropriate remediation.
• Develop and lead corporate Privacy Impact Assessment process.
• Develop and maintain strong measurements and metrics that provide business leadership and stakeholders with visibility into the current state and ongoing improvement of compliance and privacy key performance indicators.
• Assess risk levels of current practices, identify and evaluate, provide strategy and direction for major functional areas to ensure compliance.
• Responsible for global legislative compliance and ongoing compliance and privacy risk assessments.
• Manage privacy complaints and requests for access to personal information internally and externally.
• Responsible for documenting all personal information transfer requests and oversees the approval process for all cross border transfer requests.
REFERENCE #: 019445