Westminster Savings is one of Canada’s largest credit unions, with $3.2 billion in assets under management, more than 55,000 members and over 400 employees. We have four lines of business – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, and Auto/Equipment Leasing. At Westminster Savings we look beyond accounts, rates and products and are committed to delivering real and tangible value to our customers.
Westminster Savings is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for the third consecutive year. We’ve created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our customers and our communities.
The Manager, Compliance is responsible for overseeing audit and compliance requirements for wealth management. Responsibilities include ensuring timely completion of all audits and compliance and providing a superior level of customer service and maintaining a high degree of accuracy. This position also currently acts as our Privacy Officer and is responsible for managing all inquiries and ensuring that Westminster Savings Credit Union is compliant regarding Privacy Legislation. The Manager, Compliance reports to the Director, Risk and Audit.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Auditing branch work to ensure branch managers and wealth team understand and perform their mutual fund duties in a compliant manner
• Maintaining compliance procedures manual for mutual funds on Fraser and communicating any changes, as required
• Submitting quarterly reports to our mutual fund provider
• Reviewing wealth management communications and marketing materials to ensure they meet regulatory guidelines
• Reviewing mutual fund licenses, insurance licenses and association memberships
• Coordinating with Human Resources to ensure training is available to wealth team
• Assisting employees and clients with privacy issues
• Identifying operational procedures associated with licensing and administration in order to streamline and improve efficiency
• Acting as a resource for entire wealth team
The successful candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within wealth management and financial services, including leadership experience. Completion of Branch Management Compliance and the CFP program are required. He or she demonstrates superior analytical skills in combination with sound judgement and decision making abilities. This person must have superior time management skills and the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at various levels of the organization. Thorough knowledge of the financial services industry and specifically wealth management is a must-have.