Waterfront Toronto is seeking a Manager, Digital Governance, who will be responsible to manage andimplement projects, initiatives and activities related to Waterfront Toronto’s innovation and intelligent communities’ initiatives, specifically with respect to the digital governance/privacy components. Toassist in the management of Waterfront Toronto’s Digital Strategy Advisory Panel to help facilitate theirguidance on the digital and data governance/privacy components of the waterfront projects.
- Serve as a liaison to the Digital Strategy Advisory Panel in the delivery of their scope to advise Waterfront Toronto on matters related to: Ethical use of technology, privacy, cybersecurity, data governance, intellectual property, shared benefits/business models, commercial and operating agreements, IT architectures and platforms.
- Schedule and coordinate the Digital Strategy Advisory Panel meetings and details, including recording meeting minutes and facilitating follow-up on all relevant issues between the panel members, staff, and additional external advisors.
- Support the VP, Innovation, Sustainability and Prosperity in the project management of the Data Privacy/Governance and the Digital Platform work streams of the Master Innovation and Development Plan within the Quayside project.
- Liaise with government partners and regulators with respect to digital and data privacy/governance proposals and considerations put forth in the MIDP.
- Attend internal and external project team meetings on behalf of VP Innovation, Sustainability and Prosperity to represent and report on the data governance/privacy, digital platform and purposeful solution components of the Quayside project
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate or undergraduate University Degree in Public Policy, Software/Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Business and/or Law with emphasis on data governance/privacy, and/or innovative procurement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods, techniques and resources related to data governance/privacy, digital solutions and/or innovative procurement.
- Extensive knowledge of privacy regulations throughout the US, Canada, and Europe including but not limited to GDPR and PIPEDA, FIPPA, etc
- Expert understanding of the theories, principles, practices and techniques of data governance/privacy, digital solutions and/or innovative procurement to provide effective support and respond to enquiries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract administration to review contracts and provide feedback regarding required changes.
- Well-developed organizational, prioritization, administrative and time management skills to efficiently carry out a variety of duties and activities for a number of different people within deadlines and timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to act as key liaison with other departments, provide support to VP and respond to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced attention to detail and analytical skills to research and review materials and provide relevant input and reports.
Closing Date: December 17, 2018