If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our valueshave a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Are you interested in protecting privacy and ensuring access to information practices while leading a team of information, access and privacy professionals? The City Clerk’s Office is now seeking a Manager, FOIP/FOIP Coordinator to oversee The City’s Corporate FOIP (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy) program. Your success will be measured by your leadership in the following:
- Developdirectives,procedures,policies,processesandguidelinesthatensuresTheCity’scompliance with access and privacy
- Supervise a team of FOIP professionals ensuring the effective operation of the FOIP program including clarifying and advising on access and privacy
- Lead the continuous implementation of a corporate FOIP training for
- Provide expertise in all matters on access and information
- ParticipateinCityClerk’sOfficeManagementTeamactivitiesincludingbusinessandprojectplanning, providing metrics to measure outcomes of
- Liaise with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioners and other
- Lead the FOIP & Information Services team through legislated and corporate program changesto ensure the City FOIP program remains dynamic and
- Participate in Corporate Programs and committees that relate to the oversight of Information Management.
- Champion the release of routine City information through the use of
- A degree in Arts, Public Administration, Law, Business, Social Sciences or related
- Aminimumof8yearsseniormanagementexperienceincludingworkwithAlberta’sFOIPAct,orother Access and Privacy Legislation(National/International).
- Knowledge of the concept of Open Government and Open Data is an
- Ability to interact with and make presentations, excellent interpersonal, exceptionalcommunication skills, project management and change management
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be
- A security clearance will be
- Successful applicants must provide proof of
Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: Level F $88,307 – 135,252 per annum Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week Audience: Internal/External
Notes: Relocation assistance may be available Amendment: Apply By
Business Unit: City Clerk’s Office Location: 1103 – 55 Avenue N.E.
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day work week, earning 1 day off in each 3 week cycle. Apply By: May 23, 2018
Job ID #: 300783
Apply online at www.calgary.ca/careers