As the Manager, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP), you will be accountable for the effective delivery of the Corporate FOIP Program and administration of the FOIP Act. Reporting to the Director/City Clerk, primary duties include:
- Maintains oversight of operations and finance matters, information technology and systems development, public information and education programs, performance reporting, ensuring compliance with FOIP legislation.
- Responsible for liaising with provincial bodies, such as the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) of Alberta, and other municipalities on best practices and proposed changes to privacy and access legislation.
- Provide direction, advice, support and training to City Council and Administration regarding the Corporate FOIP program and lead the development, implementation, education and evolution of a comprehensive information access and protection of privacy regime at the City.
- Business planning, strategic planning, and budgeting; carrying out corporate programs and projects as directed; and ensuring performance management and succession planning for the division.
- A degree in Public Administration, Law, Business, Social Sciences or related; with a minimum 8 years senior management experience including work with Alberta’s FOIP Act, or other access and privacy legislation (National/International).
- Knowledge of records management and information management is an asset.
- Related professional designations or certifications attained would be assets.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership skills including experience developing collaborative teams, managing complex organizational change, and managing performance in a high stress public environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making, critical thinking, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with the public and all levels of City Administration and Members of Council on sensitive and confidential matters. Decision making skills and the ability to lead, educate and coach staff are essential.
Closing Date July 8, 2016