Our Board & Information Services Department is seeking a Manager, Information Governance to manage the Information Governance Program, comprising the Corporate Records and Information Management Program and the Information and Privacy Program. The Manager, Information Governance will lead a team of six and provide leadership and strategic guidance for managing and administering the information governance program. This is a growing team and a brand new role that will oversee the Records Management and FOI teams of 6 staff members.
You are: a strong leader with expertise in records and information management and privacy; a strategic thinker able to analyze, interpret, and make recommendations on complex issues; and an effective communicator able to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts.
The Manager, Information Governance reports to the Division Manager, Board & Information Services/Deputy Corporate Officer and falls within our Management / Leadership, Level 1 job family.
- Manages the Information Governance Program, which comprises the corporate Records and Information Management, and the Information and Privacy programs for Metro Vancouver. Provides leadership and strategic guidance for managing and administering these programs. Oversees policy and standards development; establishes program priorities; ensures projects are completed and established goals are achieved. Ensures the program meets corporate requirements and user expectations; measures compliance with program policies and standards.
- Contributes to preparing and managing the Program’s budget and is responsible for monitoring and controlling spending ensuring the effective and efficient expenditure of allocated funds. Contributes to short and long term planning and makes recommendations regarding the priority of projects.
- Leads a team in the development of annual and long-range work plans; identifies goals, performance targets, and metrics.
- Provides leadership in the development and maintenance of Metro Vancouver’s document management system. Collaborates with IT to develop innovative solutions for working in an electronic environment.
- Oversees process change and continuous improvement initiatives related to the Records Management and Information and Privacy Programs; audits department practices and makes recommendations for improvement. Oversees the administration of compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Oversees the contract and procurement process for the outsourcing of records storage, shredding, and imaging to a Records Centre service.
- Leads employee training and engagement initiatives; develops strategies to increase program user awareness (records management, document management system, FOI, privacy, etc.); Oversees the development and delivery of engagement and training plans; measures engagement and training initiatives for effectiveness. Advises staff on FOI and privacy best practices.
- Hires, supervises, directs, and develops staff, monitoring performance towards division, department, and corporate objectives; ensures staff adhere to corporate workplace conduct and purchasing policies. Leads, coaches, and develops staff recognizing the importance of training. Ensures safe work procedures are integrated appropriately in program plans and work activities. Evaluates staff performance and initiates corrective and/or disciplinary action as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Organization: Metro Vancouver
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Board & Information Services
Employee Group: Exempt
Professional Category(s): Information & Privacy Coordination, Records & Information Management
Closing Date: July 18, 2022, 4:30 pm (PT)