We are building a leading, best-in-class, Global Compliance function to maintain customer trust and protect the Bank’s reputation.
The Manager, Privacy Advisory Services contributes to the overall success of Global Privacy Compliance ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the Privacy Office’s business strategies and objectives; ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Provide globally focused privacy by design advisory services through Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for Bank initiatives, with a focus on technology and digital banking.
- Perform PIAs of new initiatives and third-parties, resulting in the identification and raising of privacy risks to business units.
- Perform reporting and tracking of recommendations/issues raised during PIAs.
- Identify overarching trends and/or gaps across businesses and provide recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness Privacy Risk process to Compliance Management.
- Pro-actively identify potential violations of regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures, in a timely manner and make recommendations to mitigate business, compliance and operational risk.
- Work closely with counterparts in other Compliance areas to ensure consistency and alignment on the compliance program and best practices across the organization.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to regulatory compliance risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Monitor key privacy and data protection legislation, analyzing compliance requirements, and making recommendations as needed.
- Ability to drive success in a high performing, flexible and small team environment;
- Ability to independently manage timelines and deliverables while conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) requiring excellent research, investigative and organizational skills;
- Strong technical background and knowledge in Big Data, data analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence is required;
- Basic knowledge of relevant Canadian and international Privacy legislation is an asset;
- Experience with Agile development methodology is an asset;
- Spanish language skills a priority;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, results orientation and data driven approach in decision making;
- Experience with providing insights to and interacting with the business;
- Experience using analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement;
- Understands testing standards, tools and methodologies behind creating valuable Privacy compliance programs
- The incumbent must demonstrate initiative, keep abreast of emerging domestic banking compliance and consumer provision requirements, and be an effective communicator and persuader in a field that does not necessarily attract the compelling interest of day-to-day Core Businesses and Key Support Functions.