|Position Title:||Privacy Specialist||Reports to:||Human Resources Manager|
|Department:||Human Resources||Date:||May 2018|
|Job Location:||Clinic Support Office (CSO) – Edmonton||
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Privacy Specialist oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of and adherence to the company’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, collection, access and release of health information in compliance with provincial laws.
- Provides development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation and maintenance of the company’s information privacy policies and procedures in coordination with the privacy committee
- Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities
- Develops, manages and submits privacy impact assessment to provincial regulatory bodies as required
- Works with key departments and the privacy committee to ensure the company has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent, authorization forms and materials reflecting the company’s practices and requirements
- Ensures delivery of privacy training and orientation to all employees, contractors and other appropriate third parties
- Participates in the review of all privacy processes and documents of potential and new acquisitions and amend as required
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all complaints concerning the company’s privacy policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with privacy practices and in conjunction with Operations and Human Resources consistently applies corrective action for failure to comply with privacy policies for all employees
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster privacy information awareness within the company
- Serves as the chair of the Privacy Committee
- Understands the company’s core purpose and exemplifies the company’s core values
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post secondary certification in health information privacy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health information privacy
- Knowledge of relevant privacy legislation
- Demonstrates credibility and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information while providing exceptional customer focused service.
- Sound problem solving skills with an ability to resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Works collaboratively and fosters teamwork.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment, where attention to detail and ability to work on a number of different tasks and assignments at the same time is essential. All aspects of the position require a high degree of accuracy and integrity.
For more information and to apply contact:
Tracy Merchant, Recruitment Specialist: