The Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS) is a team within government and we are putting people first. We are called a “digital” service for a reason – because we are helping government work the way that people expect things to work these days.
Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in peoples’ lives. We believe in user-centered iterative digital service design, and practice internet-era ways of working. Working at the NSDS means you will be a part of a team whose work makes a difference through designing, continuously improving and delivering the programs and services people need, alongside caring, compassionate, highly-skilled people.
At the NSDS, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate a supportive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging! The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. It is important that the NSDS reflects the people that we serve – so we can deliver better, and more accessible, and inclusive public services. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
Who You Are
You are an internet-era servant leader who has strategic leadership experience with a track record of delivery. You are passionate about people’s experiences and want to make people’s lives better. You’re curious, and your humbleness helps you learn and grow. You love to collaborate across roles and organizations, and you can create a path forward from uncertainty. You are comfortable inspiring others with your communication skills whether they be senior leaders or technical teams.
You share our values of Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Accountability & The Public Good, have a passion for service excellence and actively promote and encourage the importance of people, teams, diversity, and culture.
Your Role and Its Impact
As the Director, Digital Identity and Trust you will be responsible for:
- Leading and delivering an inclusive, privacy-enhancing suite of digital identity and trust product offerings that work for all Nova Scotians, unlock opportunities for accessing government and private sector services, decrease burden for both government and Nova Scotians, and provide a consistent user-experience while improving the delivery of services.
- Working collectively with multiple government programs and services to build and execute a Digital Identity and Trust roadmap and actionable plan for the delivery of multiple products and services including digitally verifying Nova Scotians, verifiable credentials, trusted digital wallets, and the necessary public digital infrastructure, etc.
- Partnering and collaborating across multiple levels of government to build strategic, multi-jurisdictional plans for advancing digital identity and trust for Canadians.
- Providing leadership to multi-disciplinary teams using internet-era ways of working to deliver and operate products for digital identity and trust.
- Establishing a Program with the supporting legislation, policy, and governance necessary to operate product offerings that accelerate the delivery of a broad range of government services.
- Bringing high-quality technological capability into government to drive the transformation that enables next generation digital public services, and high-quality working environments for public servants.
Closing Date: 1/17/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)