GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (OLG.ca), retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are looking for a Privacy Manager to join our team and support the design, implementation and execution of OLG’s enterprise-wide privacy framework to ensure compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) to protect the privacy of personal information in the custody or control of OLG.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Privacy, the Privacy Manager is accountable for:
- Providing expert privacy advice and expertise on policies, programs, initiatives, proposals, contracts, information sharing agreements, technologies and information systems
- Providing advice on the interpretation and application of CASL
- Conducting, reviewing or advising on privacy impact assessments (PIAs) of information technologies, systems, proposals and initiatives
- Investigating and reporting on complaints and breaches involving FIPPA or CASL, and providing recommendations to improve privacy/CASL processes and practices
- Conducting research, monitoring privacy trends, and staying abreast of best practices and legal requirements to anticipate and address privacy issue impacts to corporate practices
- Identifying, assessing and implementing opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of OLG’s privacy program policies, procedures, controls, and other associated deliverables
- Developing and/or delivering comprehensive training and awareness programs to all levels that instill strong understanding of privacy principles, legislation and policies.
Collaboration, Support and Guidance
- Acting as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders to identify, analyze and assess information privacy issues and develop solutions
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams including information technology, legal counsel, analytics and enterprise information governance to provide senior technical guidance and oversight to corporate programs and activities that protect privacy in compliance with FIPPA, CASL, policies and tribunal decisions and guidance
- Working with Corporate Compliance to implement OLG’s Enterprise Compliance Framework
- Supporting FIPPA and CASL compliance by OLG service providers who collect, use, retain and disclose personal information that is under OLG’s control
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in a privacy environment; exceptional working knowledge of FIPPA and CASL; expert level of experience advising on complex privacy issues; experience developing and/or advising on PIAs in a public-sector environment
Education: Post-secondary education in privacy, public administration, information, law or a related field; holding a recognized privacy certification (e.g. CIPP/C; CIPT or CAPP) certification is an asset
You are someone with: Very strong legislation interpretation and application skills; exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; high awareness of privacy trends; outstanding oral and written communication skills; solid knowledge of IT concepts and trends; strong issues management skills; exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; excellent stakeholder relationship management and negotiation skills
Collaboration & Fun: You bring an inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: You do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING THE TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by April 10, 2023.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: April 10, 2023