Bring your expertise in policy development, stakeholder engagement and project management to the Enterprise Recordkeeping, Access and Privacy Branch, Information, Privacy and Archives Division, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. Our team is looking for a results-oriented, dynamic and experienced professional to provide strategic advice, policy expertise and program support to ministries and institutions responsible for legislation governing provincial and municipal information access and privacy.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership, policy expertise, strategic advice and analysis on provincial and municipal access and privacy legislation to internal and external stakeholders, including Ontario Public Service (OPS) and senior management
- Lead development and/or enhancement of policies, directives, guidelines and other enterprise-wide guidance materials
- Identify, research and analyze contentious and emerging policy issues and best practices in Ontario to evaluate implications
- Analyze access and privacy implications related to new technologies and information systems
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and lead working groups
- Provide recommendations to senior management on policies and issues
- Prepare and deliver educational material and training on access and privacy issues
- Lead enterprise-wide access and privacy issues
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret legislation, regulations and jurisprudence
- You have demonstrated knowledge of either the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), or the Archives and Recordkeeping Act (ARA)
- You have demonstrated knowledge of information management, privacy, or recordkeeping theory and practices
- You have demonstrated knowledge of policy development and analysis to lead, and participate in, the development of options and strategies
- You have demonstrated knowledge of information technology systems and ability to provide advice on related to risks as well as mitigation strategies
Excellent Research, Analytical, Problem-Solving and Consulting Skills:
- You have proven ability to research complex issues, integrate qualitative and quantitative information, consult/collaborate with a diverse array of stakeholders, identify options for resolution, and make recommendations to senior management
- You demonstrate experience anticipating and managing contentious issues that impact government policy directions, including knowledge of the issues management and approval process and procedures
- You have strong political acuity to deal with sensitive and contentious information
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have proven oral and written communication skills to prepare comprehensive policy reports, briefing materials, analysis and recommendations for presentation to a variety of audiences, including senior management and the public
- You have demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice and guidance on programs and proposals that may have access to information and/or privacy implications
- You have experience preparing plain language educational material, and training tools, and deliver training on access and privacy issues
- You have established stakeholder management, relationship-building and collaborative skills and experience to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior management and diverse stakeholders
Conceptual and Strategic Orientation Skills:
- You have demonstrated understanding of related policy work and can apply innovative ideas in the development/revision of policies, directives, guidelines, and other enterprise-wide guidance materials
- You have strong experience assessing the external impact of trends and issues on access and privacy issues affecting internal and external stakeholders
- You demonstrate the ability to understand and apply policy development and decision-making processes
- You demonstrate project management and change management skills
- You can work as part of a high-performing team and manage competing priorities
Salary Range: $74,136 – $109,246 Per Year
- 4 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with the possibility of extension), 134 Ian Macdonald Blvd, Toronto, Toronto Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, June 17, 2021, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 164704 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us atwww.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.