OSFI is looking for bright and talented people to join our growing ATIP team. If you are a service-oriented person who enjoys collaborating with team members, we hope to hear from you.
We offer the same pension and benefits plans as the core Federal Public Service. We also have our own dedicated team of Compensation Advisors on site in Ottawa. All OSFI employees obtain a minimum of 4 weeks of vacation leave per year and are eligible for an annual performance bonus. Both of OSFI’s Ottawa and Toronto offices are located downtown with easy access to public transit, shopping, restaurants, gyms, financial institutions and more.
As the Manager, Privacy, you would develop and manage OSFI’s policies and programs required to remain compliant with Government of Canada privacy and access to information legislation, regulation and directives, and to protect the privacy of OSFI’s stakeholders and employees. You would also provide advice and recommendations to OSFI executives on the management and mitigation of risks to privacy protection.
Intent of the process
This selection process may be used to establish a pool of qualified candidates, which could be used to staff similar or identical positions with various linguistic profiles and requirements (including imperative and non-imperative bilingual positions or unilingual positions), security profiles, various tenures and locations (either Toronto or Ottawa). We therefore encourage all interested candidates to apply regardless of their current bilingual capacity or preferred location of work.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
– Graduation with a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field relevant to the position.
– Experience preparing briefing materials and providing advice and guidance to senior officials on sensitive privacy and access to information matters
– Experience leading the development of Privacy Impact Assessments
– Experience conducting privacy breach investigations in accordance with established security and privacy principles
– Experience in the application of the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act
– Experience providing training or coaching on ATIP matters
– Experience managing the work of a team
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
– Experience managing human resources
– Willingness and ability to travel within Canada occasionally.
– Willingness and ability to work overtime occasionally.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual – Imperative (CCC/CCC)
– Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of central agencies, other government institutions, as well as the offices of the Information and Privacy Commissioners in the administration of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act
– Recent knowledge of concepts, principles and practices related to privacy protection in the Government of Canada
– Recent knowledge of concepts, principles and practices related to the provision of ATIP services in a federal department or agency
– Impact and Influence
– Professional Judgement
– Service Orientation
– Working As A Team
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
– Ability to communicate effectively orally
Closing date: 22 August 2018 – 23:59, Pacific Time