Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
As a member within the Office of the VP, General Counsel, and Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer (CCPO), the Privacy Advisor will collaborate with members of the Privacy team and report to the Manager of Privacy. The Privacy Advisor has experience and expertise in Ontario privacy legislation, including the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
The Privacy Advisor’s responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable provincial and federal privacy law (e.g. PHIPA, FIPPA, PIPEDA, etc.), the interpretation and application of the law, procedural rules of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC), and best practices within the field;
- Provide privacy advice, guidance, communications and training, and participate in activities to create privacy awareness within the organization;
- Support FOI or PHI requests, complaints, appeals, breach investigations, notifications, reporting;
- Participate in or conduct access audits;
- Support or conduct privacy reviews of agreements, projects or initiatives;
- Contribute to THP’s privacy policies and processes;
- Track the status of privacy files and maintain/support a centralized filing system;
- Track key performance indicators.
Internal Deadline: 27/07/2023