Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. We are looking for an exceptional, enterprising individual to join our privacy team.
What you’ll do
- Perform research and analysis on US and global privacy and regulatory requirements, including FTC Act, HHS regulations, EU data protection regulations, and state consumer protection laws;
- Develop and produce internal privacy and security policies, SOPs, and guidelines for data use and practices, including HITRUST policies;
- Assist with the production of external privacy and security communication and issue briefs for use by the company in articles, presentations and other materials for broader audiences, including conference participants, policymakers, and customers;
- Assist in responding to information requests from customers;
- Assist the research team in implementing research partnerships and navigating novel issues of customer data use for research purposes;
- Carve out additional responsibilities where a need is identified.
What you’ll bring
23andMe is seeking a local privacy professional with relevant healthcare, life sciences, and technology expertise to support the privacy and data governance function. The analyst will work closely with 23andMe attorneys, corporate communications staff, and the research team to support various business practices, focusing on genomic, consumer health, privacy, big data, consumer services, and informatics. The analyst position is a full-time but temporary position, under a three month contract with the potential to extend the contract.
We’re looking for someone with a bachelor’s degree in health information management, project planning, healthcare informatics, computer science or equivalent. 2-5 years work experience in privacy, compliance or healthcare technology field is required. Compensation for the analyst will be commensurate with experience.