Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2016, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2016, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016!
- Monitor and continuously improve Ceridian’s privacy program
- Serve as subject matter expert to Ceridian business units in need of privacy advice
- Develop policies and procedures to support Ceridian’s privacy initiatives
- Collaborate with product management, product development, IT security and various teams to support Ceridian’s privacy by design approach to compliance
- Conduct formal audits including PIA’s (Privacy Impact Assessments) and GAPP (General Accepted Privacy Principles)
- Monitor news, events, laws and regulations and communicate compliance requirements to various stakeholders
- Respond to suspected privacy incidents
- Support Ceridian’s Privacy Complaint Process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all inquiries and complaints concerning the Ceridian’s privacy policies and procedures
- Participate in ad hoc projects
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in a privacy related role within a corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of global privacy laws and principles as well as security best practices
- Possesses up-to-date knowledge in the profession and industry
- Prior experience in the privacy field required
- Ability to learn and adapt to new situations/technologies. Ability to interpret privacy concepts and requirements in light of diverse business functions and operational activities
- Extremely responsive: Able to respond swiftly and adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Can segment complex processes, challenges, and opportunities into smaller parts
- Strong communication skills. Communicates effectively in groups, or one-on-one sessions, with fellow employees and/or external clients
- Strong interpersonal skills. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers; Designs and delivers solutions with both privacy requirements and customer desired outcomes in mind.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to work as part of a team or independently
Job ID 5059