We currently have Temporary Full-time (Approx. till April 2018) opportunity Privacy Analyst, ConnectingOntario in Project Management Office at Bayview campus.
The ConnectingOntario Program will integrate electronic patient health information from across the continuum of care to improve patient care in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). The Program is sponsored by the five GTA Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) – Central, Central East, Central West, Mississauga-Halton and Toronto Central – and is funded by eHealth Ontario. As a cornerstone information system, ConnectingGTA supports eHealth Ontario’s clinical priorities by providing clinicians with access to relevant patient health information at the point of care.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre currently has a temporary full-time opportunity for a Privacy Analyst in our Information Services department.
Reporting to the ConnectingOntario Manager of Information Privacy and Security, the Privacy Analyst will have the following duties:
- Collaborate with multiple participating health service providers (sites) to deliver required privacy assessments, provide guidance on privacy requirements, identify privacy risks/gaps, and facilitate remediation plans within assigned time frames
- Deliver privacy training to site leads for participation in ConnectingOntario Project
- Present ConnectingOntario privacy content and material to various stakeholder groups
- Perform research and draft briefing reports on current privacy trends and issues for Project improvement
- Collaborate with peers, Project Managers and Project Director to coordinate activities and deliverables to achieve ConnectingOntario project implementation plan goals
- Engage external and internal stakeholders for feedback and expertise on privacy deliverables
- Provide content for knowledge base and other documentation available to participating sites
- As directed by eHealth Ontario, maintain, develop and revise policies, procedures, processes, manuals and other documentation related to ConnectingOntario Privacy as required
- Regularly interface with appropriate stakeholders to build and maintain strong relationships and ensure the smooth transition of business solutions throughout the project lifecycle
- Report regularly on progress of privacy assessments, privacy risks/remediation, training, research reports and assigned duties.
- Identify and communicate project issues and support the resolution of delivery issues
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Information Privacy and Security and/or eHealth Ontario
- University Degree or College Diploma required in Law, Social Sciences, Computer Sciences, and/or Information Technology Management or a related field
- At a minimum, 2-3 years of practical and related Privacy experience required
- Knowledge of PHIPA or FIPPA legislation, and related privacy requirements by the Information Privacy Commissioner, Ontario (IPC).
- Experience with completing privacy impact assessments or privacy analytical reviews is an asset
- Experience with technical writing, documentation, and policies
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with risk management methodologies
- Ability to address challenging situations in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to document technical content and communicate to non-technical audiences
- Excellent risk management skills
- Excellent team building skills; active listening, group facilitation and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience and knowledge of eHealth Ontario and Canada Health Infoway deliverables and processes would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, and online conferencing tools