Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
The Region of Durham is committed to employment equity and is actively implementing measures to build and sustain an inclusive, barrier-free workplace that is reflective of the diverse residents it serves. We welcome applications
from Indigenous Peoples, people from racialized communities, women, persons who live with disabilities, people from 2SLGBTQI+ communities and people with diverse identities.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants who live with disabilities.
Number of Available positions:
Job ID: 18906
Job Number: 603
CUPE Local 1764
Open: Sep 18, 2023 Close: Oct 06, 2023
Records Analyst (Privacy) – Legislative Services
These positions will be working a hybrid work model.
Reporting to the Corporate Senior Privacy Officer, the Records Analyst (Privacy) will assist in the overall development, implementation and on-going maintenance of the Legislative Services Division Corporate Access Privacy Office.
The incumbent will:
- Provide the right of access to corporate records surrounding information requests made under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) including assisting with the administration associated with access requests related to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) within the Region’s Long-Term Care facilities
- Adhere to legislative timelines when responding to access to information requests
- Assess the risks involved in releasing information and weigh against compelling public interest to disclose information
- Research privacy legislation and interpret orders from the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC), judicialreviews, discussion papers, privacy investigation reports and industry best practices, evaluate the disclosure of information and apply to responsive records
- Assist the Senior Corporate Privacy Officer in coordinating appeals made to the IPC between the Region, the mediator and adjudicator
- Assist in the on-going review of existing policies and procedures and provide recommendations from various business units and assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Assist in the development, delivery and implementation of privacy training and awareness
- Assist in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA’s)
- Assist in the handling of privacy and information security incidents and complaints The successful applicant will possess:
- A diploma in Records and Information Management, Library Information Technician or equivalent combination of education and practical experience
- Certification as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/C) is an asset
- Several years’ experience working with legislation and the application of best practices, drafting policies and procedures, conducting research and developing training materials related to Freedom of Information (FOI) and/or privacy of personal information/personal health information
- At least 2 years’ experience completing PIA’s, responding to FOI requests, and/or managing privacy breaches/incidents
- Extensive knowledge of the Municipal Act, MFIPPA, PHIPA, and Orders of the IPC and related legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite of services, including Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro at an intermediate level required
- Experience with Nordat FOI Request Management software is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement, maintain confidentiality and objectivity, and handle matters of a political and/or sensitive nature with diplomacy
- Excellent research, project management, organization and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, client divisions, members of the public, outside agencies, and members of Council
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Conflict management skills are an asset
- Familiarity with information technology security features and methods is an asset
CUPE 1764 Salary Grade 6
This position is with Salary Grade 6 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
– Start: $40.69 – Six Month: $42.95 – Job: $45.21
Conditions of Employment
Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will be required prior to start date.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, onlythose being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessibleformat, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Recruiter will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region’s Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.