Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Privacy Analyst
Shaw Communications Inc., Legal Department, Privacy, is currently seeking a Privacy Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will operate as a subject matter expert on privacy, and will support all aspects of Shaw’s privacy program.
•Operates as a subject matter expert on privacy
• Analyze and respond to privacy requests and inquiries
• Assessment of privacy impacting projects
• Supports the resolution of privacy complaints
• Liaise with IT, Security and Lawful Compliance teams on privacy-related matters
•Participates in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide privacy training, procedures, auditing and monitoring, risk mitigation planning and other privacy program elements
• Analyze and monitor privacy compliance, and produce reports necessary to properly manage the privacy program
• Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by employee’s supervisor
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• A solid understanding of Canada’s Privacy framework, laws and applicable regulations
• Minimum experience: 2 years as a privacy analyst, fraud investigator or similar position
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) is considered an asset
• Proven ability to deal with confidential matters
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point and Outlook).
• Work collaboratively with associated teams
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to document processes, write summaries and reports
• High attention to details
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment requiring strong organizational and prioritization skills
• A positive friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.