If you are bilingual, ambitious and talented, and are prepared to work with stakeholders at all levels to meet Privacy and Access to Information (ATI) requirements and objectives, and support the execution of all requests in these areas, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are seeking enthusiastic Officers, Privacy and Access to Information who, as Junior Advisors, will make decisions pursuant to the Privacy and ATI Acts to grant the right of access to requesters on Privacy and ATI matters. Responsible for responding to requests within specified time limits, you will provide advice on Privacy and ATI to management, staff, stakeholders and requesters while supporting the Coordinator of Privacy and ATI and the Manager/Team Leader in meeting the plans and obligations of the Privacy and ATI team.
There are two opportunities available: one permanent position and a one-year term assignment (with the possibility of extension or permanency).
YOUR DUTIES as a Privacy and Access to Information Officer will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Process ATI and Privacy requests in accordance with Privacy and ATI legislation and corporate policy, adhere to processes and timelines, and secure the privacy of requesters from disclosure to Offices of Primary Interest and others.
- Analyze documents and advise requesters on alternative methods to obtain access to information outside the ATI & Privacy (ATIP) Acts, such as through “informal access” (when no exemptions apply or only a cursory review of the records is required), to be used by the requester for a multitude of purposes.
- Explain the requirements of the ATIP Acts to requesters and advise them on how to exercise their rights to obtain and/or correct their personal information for their personal or financial benefit.
- Assess Privacy and ATI requests, determine the statutory right of access to corporate information under ATIP legislation, analyze documents and apply the provisions of said legislation.
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance to management, stakeholders, staff and requesters on the application of the ATIP Acts and related regulations within the Corporation, explain this legislation and its application, and negotiate on the scope and extent of requests.
- Consult on, and resolve cases, including those involving third parties, and safeguard information protected by Privacy and ATI legislation or other statutes/regulations from improper or inappropriate disclosure.
- Negotiate recommendations on the disclosure/non-disclosure of information, and negotiate and develop strategies for resolving complaints under investigation by the Information Commissioner.
- Analyze Privacy and ATI issues, recommend and execute changes to policies, procedures and guidelines, and participate in preparing and delivering related information and training sessions.
- Share responsibility for advising program managers and employees on the requirements of Privacy and ATI legislation and encouraging adherence.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in interpretation affecting Privacy and ATI application, policy and processes at Canada Post, to ensure that procedures for managing Privacy and ATI remain effective and efficient.
You bring to the role of Officer, Privacy and Access to Information, A SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD that includes:
- A university degree in a discipline relevant to these positions, or commensurate work experience in the field of ATI and Privacy.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of Privacy and ATI, with at least 3 years of experience in processing ATI and Privacy requests.
- Exposure to analyzing and interpreting legal and/or policy documentation.
- Experience working with request-processing software (Privasoft AccessPro Case Management, AccessPro Redaction, ATIPflow, etc.), an asset.
- An understanding of requester/client needs and the proper handling of conflict resolution, ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments under pressure in an organized fashion.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Ability to meet Secret Level Security Clearance.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
- Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
- A strong community of employees – Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
- The satisfaction of a job well done – You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this job via the Canada Post Careers website, please click here or on the URL provided.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.