The Privacy and Regulatory Risk Analyst assists Regulatory Compliance in providing second line oversight over several of CWB Financial Group’s regulatory compliance risk management programs, including privacy, consumer protection and outsourcing. This role will be a key contributor in the development and administration of programs to assess how first line business units are managing their regulatory compliance risk. The Privacy and Regulatory Risk Analyst will be also be tasked with intaking, investigating and resolving consumer complaints as well as privacy incidents. Additionally, the Privacy and Regulatory Risk Analyst will, as assigned by the Chief Compliance Risk Officer, also support the conduct and administration of the department’s overall regulatory compliance risk management program to address CWB Financial Group’s responsibilities under OSFI Guideline E-13 – Regulatory Compliance Management.
- Coordinates and conducts privacy and regulatory compliance risk assessments of various business units, and control effectiveness testing, in accordance with regulatory compliance risk management standards.
- Assists the business by providing regulatory advice.
- Proactively diarizes and completes regulatory filings.
- Assists in the development, tracking and reporting of department risk and performance metrics.
- Maintains, and improves upon, CWB Financial Group’s contract administration processes.
- Supports the conduct and administration of the department’s overall regulatory compliance risk management program.
- Acts as a consumer advocate to investigate and resolve consumer complaints, by providing knowledgeable and practical direction and support in a timely and client service focused manner.
- Assists the business and affected individuals in the mitigation and remediation of privacy incidents.
- Acts independently, researches and arrives at conclusions and/or recommendations based on the exercise of good judgment.
- Finds and implements process efficiencies by challenging the status quo.
- Inspires trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings.
- Treats all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and supports a team environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for actions and results.
- Prepares and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor.
- Completes other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time including, but not limited to, acting as back-up to colleagues
- This role has no direct reports.
- The role works within defined policies and procedures and will be expected to contribute to the refinement and continuous improvement of such policies and procedures.
- The role works in a varied environment including both scheduled deadlines and changing priorities.
- There is a requirement to work towards various short-term deadlines while at the same time making progress on longer-term goals.
- The individual works within a small team with its attendant benefits (supervision and direction) and challenges (changing priorities and requirement to work outside job description from time to time).
- The role does not involve budgetary responsibilities.
- Some post-secondary experience is required
- A strong preference will be given to candidates with training in privacy or risk management
- 3-5 years of financial industry or compliance experience
- Knowledge of CWB Financial Group products, services, and processes is beneficial
- Keen investigation skills including the aptitude and personality to challenge and arrive at independent conclusions
- A desire to ensure CWB Financial Group acts in an ethical and responsible manner in its treatment of customers and fellow employees
- A desire to become a knowledge expert in the fields of privacy, consumer protection legislation, regulatory compliance, and risk management
- A strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced skill in Excel
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, including consistently positive interpersonal interactions with both internal and external stakeholders, including clients
- Attention to detail as the candidate will be expected to review and edit reports and policies from time to time
- Self motivated with a demonstrated track record of initiative
Closing Date: 10 March 2017