The Privacy, Information Access & Policy Management office is looking for a regular, full time Privacy Coordinator.This position coordinates the administrative aspects of the Institute’s information access and privacy processes and programs, and assists the Associate Director and Advisor, Information Access and Privacy Office (IAPO) in ensuring that BCIT’s legal, regulatory and contractual obligations are met. As a part of the IAPO team, this position provides specialized and technical administrative support, recommends and implements improvements to records management systems, processes and procedures, and promotes and supports departmental initiatives and Institutional information access and privacy strategies.
- Serves as the first point of contact for inquiries and requests for access to information, assesses basic needs and refers as appropriate, and provides general assistance on the nature of IAPOs programs and
- Provides administrative support concerned with ensuring compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia (OIPC).
- Receivesandtracksallinformationaccessrequestsincludingconsultationsfromotherpublicbodiesand appeals to the
- Continuously reviews all relevant processes to ensure the highest levels of business ethics and contractual terms and conditions are
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains the department’s records management system and ensures confidentiality is maintained in all
- Ensures that all information relating to an inquiry or complaint is documented in the records management system, including electronic storage of all paper-based
- Ensures that information access files are secured, retained and disposed of in accordance with Institute records management policies and
- Supports the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the IAPO program, policies, and procedures.
- Streamlines processes for seamless coordination of programs and services; maintains related records and materials and assists in developing and preparing presentations and
- Updates the Institute’s privacy policies and procedures, privacy information, and printed and electronic staff training materials at the direction of the Associate Director and/or
- Draftscorrespondence,reports,privacyimpactassessments,andotherrelevantdocumentationonbehalfof the Associate Director and
- Coordinates privacy awareness training delivery by organizing schedules, handling invitations and registrations, room bookings and set up, maintaining training and workshop calendars, and other related duties. Attends and assists in training sessions as required; takes notes and supports group
- Assists in designing, developing and maintaining data and reports on the effectiveness of training strategies and brings areas of concern to the Associate Director or Advisor as
- Assists in the coordination and publishing of web-based announcements and other information related to Information Access and Privacy initiatives, programs and updates under the direction of the Advisor, Privacy and Information Management. Ensures that website(s) are current and makes necessary changes and updates as
- Monitors the departmental budget and provides report summaries to the Associate Director at regular intervals. Prepares a variety of financial forms and works with the Finance department to resolve any anomalies in budget
- Maintains a reference library of relevant communications, research, programs and
- Assists the Associate Director and IAP Advisor with completion of special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Exercises sound, independent, professional judgment. Demonstrates initiative and takes responsible action. Decisions involving unfamiliar circumstances are made in consultation with the Associate Director or Advisor, or external sources as
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation packagewhich includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pensionplan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Grade 12, plus completion of up to two years of post-secondary education in a related field including studies in business or office administration, or legal or para-legal, and supplemented with FIPPA or related privacy courses or training.
- Two to four years of experience in administrative systems and business practices through which a working knowledge of administering records management systems was developed.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of information access and privacy principles, and the ability to exercise resourcefulness in dealing with new situations.
- Ability to prepare, maintain, update and retrieve related materials, search records and compile information.
- Demonstrated skills in administrative and coordination support to a wide range of programs and services with strong ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Exemplary communication, interpersonal and customer services skills to act as the first point of contact, explain policies and procedures, research, and provide information on programs and services, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills to review and assess inquiries, requests and documents. Experience in Internet navigation, developing content for the web, and project management/tracking software.
- Advanced skills in MS Office including demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with knowledge and experience working with databases.
START DATE: August 6, 2018
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18M201
OPEN DATE: June 2, 2018
CLOSING DATE:June 20, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca