Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Legal and Compliance, as Privacy Counsel for Bold Commerce, you will act as our resident expert in all data protection and privacy matters. You will oversee all activities related to technology-oriented privacy and data security issues within our business to ensure operational procedures are in compliance with relevant privacy laws and compliance requirements. This will include websites, applications, compliance, contracts, policies, training, investigations, industry self-regulation, external regulations, and legislation.
This is a remote position.
What you’ll do
- Organize, coordinate, and manage cross-functional privacy projects
- Advise business teams on privacy issues relating to Bold’s products and services
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance with applicable privacy policies in compliance with privacy and data protection laws in existing and emerging markets
- Monitor and advise on applicable global laws and regulations
- Assess and make recommendations for improving privacy practices, including drafting and negotiating privacy and security contracts, assessing and implementing new technology and resources
- Provide guidance on data collection practices, data authentication, and lifecycle security
- Promote activities throughout the organization to foster data privacy awareness
- Lead or manage internal and external audits and implement audit recommendations
- Assist in security incident responses and internal investigations
- Assist in communication with regulators as necessary
- Maintain a high personal standard of service and performance by actively participating in other duties as assigned, education seminars, training programs, and professional development