Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered. We’re building software to give clinicians the information they need to treat patients better and faster. We’re growing fast (400+ hospitals!), and need some help keeping up with the demand.
- Be part of something special. It’s not every day that you get to change the way your friends and family are cared for
- Unbeatable downtown location right across the street from Union Station
- Exciting, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive salary
We are looking for a Privacy Counsel to join our diverse and driven leadership team. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Legal, the Privacy Counsel will be responsible for a broad spectrum of matters related specifically to privacy and security.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the company complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Monitoring ongoing developments and changes in all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with the company’s information privacy policies and procedures in coordination with management, the Privacy and Security Committee and legal counsel.
- Serving in a leadership role for the Privacy and Security Committee’s activities.
- Performing periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducting related ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
- Overseeing, directing, delivering, or ensuring delivery of privacy training to all employees, contractors, and other appropriate third parties.
- Supporting and advising the Vice-President, Legal in drafting and negotiating the privacy components of customer agreements, joint venture agreements and supplier agreements.
- Participating in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associate agreements, to ensure all privacy concerns, requirements and responsibilities are addressed.
- Initiating, facilitating and promoting activities to foster information privacy awareness within the company.
- 3-5 years of experience working at a reputable law firm or in-house experience at a technology-focused company
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Demonstrated aptitude for developing working relationships with a broad range of professionals and stakeholders at multiple levels
- Highly motivated, pragmatic, and professional nature
- Strong business acumen and ability to deliver strategic legal advice
- Understanding of healthcare law is a plus
Think Research is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Think Research welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.