GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (OLG.ca), retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are looking for a Privacy Manager to join our team and support the design, implementation and execution of OLG’s enterprise-wide privacy framework to ensure compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) to protect the privacy of personal information in the custody or control of OLG.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Privacy, the Privacy Manager is accountable for:
- Providing expert privacy advice and expertise on policies, programs, initiatives, proposals, contracts, information sharing agreements, technologies and information systems
- Providing advice on the interpretation and application of CASL
- Conducting, reviewing or advising on privacy impact assessments (PIAs) of information technologies, systems, proposals and initiatives
- Investigating and reporting on complaints and breaches involving FIPPA or CASL, and providing recommendations to improve privacy/CASL processes and practices
- Conducting research, monitoring privacy trends, and staying abreast of best practices and legal requirements to anticipate and address privacy issue impacts to corporate practices
- Identifying, assessing and implementing opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of OLG’s privacy program policies, procedures, controls, and other associated deliverables
Developing and/or delivering comprehensive training and awareness programs to all levels that instill strong understanding of privacy principles, legislation and policies.
Collaboration, Support and Guidance
- Acting as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders to identify, analyze and assess information privacy issues and develop solutions
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams including information technology, legal counsel, analytics and enterprise information governance to provide senior technical guidance and oversight to corporate programs and activities that protect privacy in compliance with FIPPA, CASL, policies and tribunal decisions and guidance
- Working with Corporate Compliance to implement OLG’s Enterprise Compliance Framework
- Supporting FIPPA and CASL compliance by OLG service providers who collect, use, retain and disclose personal information that is under OLG’s control
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in a privacy environment; exceptional working knowledge of FIPPA and CASL; expert level of experience advising on complex privacy issues; experience developing and/or advising on PIAs in a public-sector environment
Education: Post-secondary education in privacy, public administration, information, law or a related field; holding a recognized privacy certification (e.g. CIPP/C; CIPT or CAPP) certification is an asset
You are someone with: Very strong legislation interpretation and application skills; exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; high awareness of privacy trends; outstanding oral and written communication skills; solid knowledge of IT concepts and trends; strong issues management skills; exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; excellent stakeholder relationship management and negotiation skills
Collaboration & Fun: You bring an inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: You do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Closing Date: November 22, 2021