The Privacy Officer uses a risk-based approach to assist the Incident Management function of the Enterprise Privacy Office to deliver on its commitment to protect customer and employee personal information.
- Recording, managing and resolving incidents, breaches, complaints and information requests
- Developing, leading and participating in incident management framework and protocol, including directing the line of business and coordinating with stakeholders, as required.
- Documenting all Incident Management frameworks and protocols.
- Supporting the reporting activities to complete Incident Management related reporting.
Regulatory Consultation and Governance:
- Provide advisory services on privacy matters to business line contacts and management
- Assist in communicating and implementing changes to applicable regulatory policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a trusted advisor relationship for incident management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Recognized CIPP certification or equivalent a plus.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, relationship management, and project management skills
- Requires knowledge of privacy regulations and how they apply to the Bank
- Requires strategic approach to problem solving to provide privacy risk mitigation strategies and incident management.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
Closing Date: 28 NOV 2018