Meadow Lake Tribal Council’s Health & Social Development Department is seeking a Privacy Officer on a contract basis for its nine (9) member First Nations.
Scope of Work:
– Ability to work with many disciplines – such as MLTC leadership, program leads, health care professionals, information systems, human resources personnel, finance team, provincial and federal agency officials, communities members and clients.
– Ability to apply Privacy and Security principles, project management, change management and leadership principles to attain and maintain compliance in a cost-effective and respectful manner.
– Must have a good understanding of the day to day operations of MLTC and how membership personal information and personal health information is collected, used and disclosed within MLTC and the programs its offers.
– Flexibility and the willingness to change priorities and deadlines are also required.
– Lead by example and maintain confidentiality at all times.
– Must be a teamplayer while demonstrating independence and the ability to self-manage.
Required Education, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
– A degree or certificate from a recognized institution in Privacy and Security Protection.
– A certificate or diploma in Health Information Management, Health Records Management, Health or Administration is an asset. A combination of related education, training and work experience will be considered.
– Good working knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations that permit the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and personal health information.
– Good working knowledge about information technology, medical records and other medical information, membership and client privacy and access to information rights, confidentiality and disclosures of personal and personal health information is required.