Payworks is Canada’s fastest growing workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. With over 17,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 250 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Governance team for the right candidate.
As part of our continued growth throughout Canada, Payworks is seeking the right individual to join our governance team located in Winnipeg. The Privacy Officer will have privacy expertise, be highly motivated, and passionate about user trust. Strong cross collaboration skills, and the ability to positively influence others is a must. Candidates should have proven experience in the Privacy field. Reporting to the Director of Treasury and Governance, the key responsibilities of the Privacy officer are
- Day to day management of our privacy program, and the various components;
- Maintain, monitor and implement privacy policies and guidelines;
- Liaise with clients, employees and third parties as required and respond to access requests;
- Mitigate and remediate potential areas of privacy risks by performing impact assessments, and by researching emerging trends and threats both internally and externally;
- Handle breach response and reporting;
- Review and develop employee training related to privacy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- College/University degree in Business or equivalent work experience in the field of privacy: Minimum experience between 3 and 5 years.
- Ability to influence, gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical work/project plans; work with teams from all areas of the organization. .
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills; comfortable and effective at public speaking.
- Committed to continuous learning, and being aware of current changes related to regulations, technology, industry and privacy best practices in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of privacy controls, protocols, tools, and best practices.
- IAPP or other privacy industry certification preferred.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance is needed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).