Community Living BC (CLBC) is a crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. CLBC is working to create communities where people with developmental disabilities have more choices about how they live, work and contribute. More than just a job. CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community. CLBC’s dedicated and capable workforce plays a vital role in achieving the vision of ‘good lives in welcoming communities’ for adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance and Privacy Officer, the Privacy Practice Analyst independently undertakes technical analysis functions, consulting with senior staff on projects within identified sectors or portfolios. The position participates on project teams and investigation teams, providing considerable expertise and input into the formulation of policy and best practices. In undertaking investigations, the position functions within delegated authority under FOIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act), and the principles of administrative fairness and common law. The position interacts with, and maintains relationships with, a wide range of internal and external contacts.
The Privacy Practice Analyst supports the Director’s role in ensuring that CLBC complies with its requirements as a separate public body under FOIPPA. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring that privacy requirements are met and in responding to FOIPPA requests
- Responding directly to individuals, families about complaints related to the way their personal information has been handled
- Providing information to the Director, Quality Assurance on trends in practice to promote improvements
- Communicates with external bodies as needed to ensure appropriate responses to requests
- Providing practice support and advice to field staff on privacy or information requests
- Providing and/or arranging for training or practice forums for CLBC staff
- Supporting the Director, Quality Assurance to promote and ensure high quality practices and stakeholder understanding of these practices, by developing policies and internal and external communication materials.
Closing Date: February 12, 2017