Our Quality Assurance team is looking for a Privacy Protection Analyst to ensure business compliance and data management practices. The Privacy Protection Analyst will report to the Quality Assurance Manager, working within the QA Team and will also collaborate with the Litigation Department.
To be successful in this role:
You must have in-depth knowledge of the projects and the risks associated with the data. The Privacy Protection Analyst will be responsible for providing recommendations, ensuring that the company and our customers are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as well as with different data protection legislation. You ensure that the existing standards are compliant and also act as the point of contact for supervisory authorities and all other relevant bodies.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Evaluate the company’s data processing activities;
- Conduct impact assessments and perform data protection, privacy and security compliance audits;
- Ensure the company’s compliance in line with legal obligations and standards to which it is subject and make the necessary recommendations when these are modified;
- Act as SME when drafting/revising the company’s, clients’ or subcontractors’ data security policies, procedures, guides, etc. ;
- Develop, implement and maintain data management procedures according to the risks identified during analyzes ensuring company compliance;
- Process requests in accordance with contractual or legal deadlines.
MUST HAVE SKILLS TO EXCEL IN THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Engineering, Law or Business Administration;
- Five (5) years of experience in data protection and legal compliance;
- Bilingual, advanced command of English (spoken and written);
- IAPP or CIAPP certification (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of the GDPR and the national and US data protection legislation;
- Experience in audit processes and project management;
- Knowledge of databases and transactional website architectures (an asset);
- Outstanding work ethic—ability to remain impartial and report any non-compliance;
- Organizational skills and thoroughness.
- Strong understanding of the business, market and strategy environment;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: e-commerce, information technology, analysis or research;
- Knowledge of speech technologies and/or conversational software;
- Experience/knowledge in marketing and UX/UI design; and
- Excellent communication skills in English.