We are currently recruiting for a Privacy, Risk and Training Manager, reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. This position is a high profile role and the candidate will be expected to work directly with all of Medcan’s managers, directors and executives across the organization.
The successful candidate will perform a range of functions, from assessing, recommending and implementing privacy, risk and training initiatives to managing ongoing efforts. These efforts may include working with external vendors/suppliers. The Manager will be responsible for carrying forward all aspects of any initiatives as well as managing current and new programs and will work closely with other Medcan stakeholders.
Specific job details include:
- Investigating and presenting the alternatives available to attain certain objectives
- Defining the goals, timelines, budget and roadmap for various efforts
- Developing initiatives/programs with a hands on effort
- Documenting and maintaining the policies and procedures associated with various programs
- Delivering ongoing programs (e.g. new staff and existing staff training, privacy breach process and handling, internal privacy department assessments) and communicating progress to key stakeholders
- Evaluating the success of various programs and reporting results (e.g. internal privacy audits)
- Monitoring any legislative or regulatory changes (e.g. PHIPA, CASL, CFMA), understanding the changes and communicating to staff how the changes can affect Medcan
The nature of the role requires exceptional presentation and client service skills. The individual must be able to work well with others and to be a self-starter. A background in training, teaching and/or knowledge of privacy legislation will be helpful.
Other desired attributes include:
- The ability to independently deliver and manage programs and efforts with minimal supervision
- Strong organization, discipline and prioritization skill
- Detail orientation and a sense of urgency; and
- The ability to interpret complex information, synthesize and then communicate it to others in a manner that can be easily understood and acted upon
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of work experience which involved working with employees in some capacity
- Experience in privacy, training and/or teaching is an asset
- Ability to deal with individuals sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
Medcan has a strategic objective to grow substantially over the next 5 years. As a Privacy, Risk and Training Manager there will be opportunities for growth.
This permanent part-time role reports to the Chief Risk Officer. The work schedule is flexible but the expectation is three days per week during Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: July 15, 2017