OLG is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). The Privacy Specialist will provide support in meeting the FIPPA requirements regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information; and CASL requirements regarding the transmission of commercial electronic messages (CEM’s) and the installation of computer programs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Provide advice and expertise on policies, programs, initiatives, proposals, contracts, information sharing agreements, technologies and information systems that may have privacy implications.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of privacy impact assessments (PIA’s) on information technologies, information systems, proposals and initiatives involving the collection use and disclosure of personal information to measure compliance with FIPPA.
- Provide policy analysis and expertise with respect to the identification, analysis and assessment of information privacy and security issues, trends and directions.
- Conduct and participate in the investigation of privacy and CASL complaints and breaches, making recommendations regarding the resolution of the complaint and processes and practices to ensure privacy requirements are met.
- Develop privacy policies and/or protocols on access to personal information and protection of personal information
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of CASL regarding the transmission of CEM’s and the installation of computer programs; develop CASL policies and guidelines
- Support FIPPA and CASL compliance by OLG service providers who collect, use and disclose personal information that is in OLG’s control
- Provide support to Corporate Compliance in implementation of enterprise compliance framework as it relates to FIPPA and CASL
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Senior Manager.
Please apply on-line, no later than 5:00 PM on October 16, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace