The Records Management & Privacy Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Tangerine risk and control framework for the retention, destruction and treatment of the bank’s corporate records, as outlined in the Scotiabank Corporate Records Management Policy. The Records Management & Privacy Specialist will report to the Privacy Officer, while also working closely with the other business units in implementing the Policy. The Records Management & Privacy Specialist will also support the documentation and evolution of Tangerine records management policies and processes.
- Implement and day-to-date management Tangerine’s records management policies, manuals and processes
- Liaise with Bank of Nova Scotia counterparts as necessary;
- Development and implementation of corporate-wide records management processes, including working with external storage vendors and internal records management coordinators;
- Act as the ongoing corporate records manager for the business and its parent, Bank of Nova Scotia;
- Coach and train business units with respect to Tangerine records management policies and processes;
- Track and maintain logs, reports and generate records management data, provide analytical input as required;
- Lead or participate in projects and initiatives related to records management
- Assist the Privacy Officer to ensure Tangerine’s records management systems are up to date and monitor and benchmark the system against industry peers;Keep current with respect to records management trends and incorporate the policies into the organization where necessary;
- Support Privacy Officer as and when required;
- Conveys an Inspirational Tangerine Vision & Strategy
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self-Development
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office and MS Excel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels in the organization
- Experience implementing a records management programs from the ground up an asset.
Completion of post-secondary education, preferably Business Administration, Records Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in document control and/or records management setting.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic team setting under tight deadlines
- Project management experience may be an asset
Closing Date: 19 May 2016