Branch Corporate Services Branch
Reference Number 1920-877
Job Type / Duration Full Time
Salary $76,900 – $96,000
Language Requirements Bilingual (English-French)
Closing Daten 16 October 2019
Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is a federal Crown corporation with the mandate to promote efficient and effective standardization in Canada. Located in Ottawa, SCC has a Governing Council comprised of upto 13 members and a staff of approximately 100. The organization reports to Parliament through Innovation,Science and Economic Development Canada and oversees Canada’s standardization network.
Job Summary and Key Activities
Responsible for developing and implementing ATIP programs, processes and practices as a critical component of the SCC information management responsibilities and obligations to enable the access to public information and the protection of personnel information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act.
The ATIP Program Manager is responsible for providing advice and consultative support to SCC staff and senior management with respect to the Integration of access and privacy requirements in the design, development and delivery of programs and services.
- Develops and implements an enterprise framework for the research, analysis, processing and preparing responses to ATIP responses that are compliant with the Acts and Treasury Board policies and directives;
- Coordinates and prepares responses to sensitive ATIP requests, including personnel complaints and discipline files and provides recommendations regarding the exemption or exclusion of sensitive information review sensitive/complex files;
- Collaborates with the Information Management team to incorporate ATIP concerns into the organization’s classification, storage and retrieval of documents;
- Manages extensive consultations with various federal departments, agencies and impacted third parties on specific cases where the information requested affects their programs and services;
- Develops and manages the defense of decisions on complaints submitted to the Information or Privacy Commissioner; ensures the soundness of the SCC response to investigations conducted by either of the Commissioners
- Develops and delivers a comprehensive awareness training program to inform all staff on the Acts and their responsibilities and obligations; provides advice and guidance to management on complex/sensitive cases;
- Ensures the preparation and submission of ATIP annual reports to the Treasury Board;
- Ensures the preparation of sensitive or complex Privacy Impact Assessments
- Ensures that the departmental contributions with respect to Personal Information Banks (PIBs) to Info Source is up to date.
- Undergraduate degree in information management, public or business administration or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in interpreting, applying and implementing the provisions of the Access to Information Act, the Privacy Act, their regulations and related Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) policies in an institution’s Access to Information and Privacy Office.
- Experience consulting and negotiating with external stakeholders regarding ATIP issues.
- Experience in research, analyzing and providing advice to Management on ATIP Issues
- Knowledge of the federal Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, and their Regulations.
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of federal central agencies as it relates to ATIP as well as the Information and Privacy Commissioners of Canada
- Advanced communication and active listening skills;
- Advanced negotiation, facilitation and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced time management, prioritization, and planning skills;
- Advanced project management skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, web-based forums and social media.
- Ability to solve problems effectively with minimal assistance;
- Ability to successfully manage projects, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
- Ability to work in teams and lead groups;
- Ability to demonstrate decision-making and analytical thinking;
- Ability to resolve difficult situations through negotiation and facilitation.
|Competency (Level)||Competency Definition||Level Definition|
|Collaboration (Level 3)||Working effectively with others to achieve shared organizational goals.||Leads a team|
|Creativity and Risk Taking (Level 2)||Encouraging creative solutions and risk taking that result in innovative processes, products and services.||Encourages others to think beyond the conventional.|
|Service Excellence (Level 3)||Delivering high value processes, products, and services that meet the needs of SCC stakeholders, including all members of the organization, the board members, the international and national regulators, and industry representatives.||Provides added value|
|Fostering Communication (Level 3)||Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.||Adapts communication|
|Impact and Influence (Level 4)||Influencing and gaining others’ support||Builds coalitions|
|Planning and Organizing (Level 3)||Reaching goals that are central to organizational success by making and following plans and allocating resources effectively.||Plans and organizes major activities|
|Thinking Strategically (Level 3)||Seeing and synthesizing different sides of an issue, examining the full range of options and outcomes, and building intellectual frameworks to guide analysis and action.||Identifies and handles strategic issues|
|Writing Skills (Level 4)||Communicating ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.||Conveys complex information|
- Your cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience criteria listed under the Essential Qualifications.
- Your application must be completed online by filling out the fields below and submitting.
- Your application must be submitted before the closing date.
- The SCC is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those applicants whose qualifications are most relevant will be considered and contacted.