The role is strongly aligned with our customer facing functions including sales and customer success. The person in this role will be responsible helping our customers and customer facing functions navigate both simple and complex security and privacy issues that arise throughout our journey with them; starting during the sales cycle and continuing through support issues and finally to when they depart our services. Wherever possible we look to this role in optimizing the interactions both in outcome and efficiency. The role is located in our Toronto office, although we are fine with you working from home from time to time. The position reports to the Senior Director of Security, Privacy & Compliance.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Engage with clients and prospects to answer their security and privacy questions;
- Develop, maintain and deploy material that addresses common security and privacy questions;
- Educate staff on security and privacy practices;
- Assist with maintenance of our privacy program;
- Develop security and privacy processes;
- Assist our legal team with privacy and security terms in contract; and
- Assist in the general operations and activities of the security, privacy and compliance team.
In addition to domain knowledge and soft skills such as self-direction, collaboration and communication your performance will be evaluated using the following metrics
- Ongoing improvement in the average time to complete client security and privacy reviews;
- SLA Achievement in the client security and privacy review process; and
- Timely completion of assigned projects.
As a security and privacy leader, you are a communicative self-starter who has developed strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills and has proven to influence business partners and decisions to drive compliance initiatives. You’re also a quick learner and are able to easily digest and relay new technical and legal concepts (we move fast here – you’ll need to keep up). You don’t need someone else’s well detailed plan since you scoff at ambiguity you are adept at building a roadmap by leveraging your experience and resources. You don’t believe security or privacy needs to be velocity killing and painful (did you fill up this form?); but one that supports the objectives of the business, users and its customers while being prudent to security, privacy and compliance requirements. You love what you do and you’re committed to your professional community.
The ideal candidate will have experience in at least these areas:
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Engineering Degree/Business Management or equivalent experience;
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in an information privacy and/or compliance related role;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently;
- Ability to manage complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliance;
- In-depth knowledge of various security and privacy laws and standards;
- Strong technical knowledge; and
- ISO 27001, SOC2, NIST or other industry recognized frameworks