EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
Export Development Canada (EDC) is seeking a Senior Advisor to join its Privacy and Information Risk team. Reporting to the Director, Privacy and Information Risk, the Senior Advisor is a senior member of the team that serves as EDC’s second line of defense for privacy, confidentiality and access to information.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the incumbent manages deadlines and deliverables on simultaneous projects and time sensitive assignments. He/she writes at a professional level and prepares accurate and concise project documentation and reports for a senior audience.
· Provides advice and consultative support to EDC business teams and management to identify, interpret and address privacy and information risk.
· Designs, develops, implements and promotes awareness of policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Designs, develops and implements oversight mechanisms to monitor the effectiveness and continued currency of the policies, procedures and practices and compliance.
· Develops and carries out programs and processes to respond to legislated request and complaint processes, including associated communications with regulatory authorities.
· Designs, develops, implements and delivers training and awareness to support all of the above.
· Provides advanced advisory and consultative support to enable the effective identification and handling of privacy and information risk requirements in initiatives.
· Manages the handling of complex or sensitive issues, including breaches, complaints and inquiries from regulatory authorities.
· Develops policies, procedures and guidance.
· Develops and delivers documentation and reports to regulators.
· Contributes directly to the development of less experienced team members through coaching and feedback.
· Master’s or Undergraduate degree in Law or a degree in a similar discipline
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in privacy
· Advanced, comprehensive technical skillset that includes policy and procedure development, privacy assessments and breach response
· Experience interpreting, and providing advice to enable compliance with complex privacy requirements
· Experience interacting with regulators
· Experience coaching/mentoring individuals as well as a strong track record leading compliance related projects
· Recognized privacy certification (CIPT, CIPM, CIPP/C or equivalent)
· Experience in a compliance function
· Access to information experience
· Exposure to international privacy laws, in particular the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
· Bilingual (English & French)
· $87,300 – $131,000 + performance-based incentive
· Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa or could be performed remotely at any city within Canada.
Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.