Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
As a member of the Risk and Regulatory Affairs team, the Senior Analyst, Privacy & Compliance is responsible for identifying and interpreting significant legislative and regulatory compliance requirements affecting the organization. As the Senior Analyst you will play a critical role within the Privacy & Corporate Compliance team in providing the necessary guidance, advice and support on legislative requirements and on internal governance monitoring. You must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills as you will be expected to manage a number of complex files and projects while ensuring adherence to applicable timelines.
- Provide support to the Canadian Tire Corporation Privacy & Corporate Compliance area by investigating and drafting responses to privacy submissions by the business and investing and responding to customer complaints and inquiries
- Assessing the adequacy of, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day controls through risk-based independent monitoring and testing
- Reviewing documentation to ensure privacy and compliance requirements are met
- Monitoring implementation progress of action plans designed to correct incidents of non-compliance or regulatory control gaps
- Researching privacy and compliance matters and advising business groups regarding their projects and initiatives
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
- 3-5 years of related privacy or compliance work experience with solid reading comprehension skills
- Experience in monitoring adherence to corporate policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Strong analytical and investigative skills and sound judgement
- Experience interacting with employees at various levels of an organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential information with professionalism and discretion
- Past experience with regulators or legislative / legal matters would be an asset