CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Privacy Office is responsible for establishing privacy policies and standards and providing guidance and direction on how CIBC protects and preserves the privacy of its customers and employees enterprise wide. The Privacy Office is also responsible for monitoring, reporting and escalating privacy issues to the applicable business unit.
The Privacy Office works in partnership with business units to increase awareness of privacy and confidentiality requirements and to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of business unit policies, processes and training concerning privacy. The Privacy Office also works closely with other governance partners (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Corporate Security, Human Resources, Corporate Communications) to build on collective capabilities.
The Senior Consultant, Advisory reports to the Senior Director, Privacy and is part of the Privacy Office Advisory Team. The purpose of this position is to support the Privacy Office mandate and core strategies, primarily in the area of Privacy Governance and Advisory & Consulting Services. This individual is a subject expert, capable of developing relationships to monitor and support privacy governance across the organization.
What You’ll be Doing
- Assessing, planning, and coordinating any enterprise-wide training efforts (development and enhancements) to optimize awareness of privacy principles and privacy issue prevention across CIBC
- Increasing privacy awareness throughout the organization including the design, coordination, and execution of quality and consistency of senior management reporting and road show presentations
- Planning, managing, coordinating and executing on communication with privacy points of contact across CIBC, including bi-annual in-person presentations, monthly communications, privacy roadshows and privacy process orientations
- As appropriate, providing privacy expertise and guidance to privacy points of contact across CIBC on LOB-specific privacy training and communications, and to other enterprise-wide mandatory training programs that may reference privacy principles
- Managing the strategic communications management of the CIBC Privacy intranet site including planning and developing Privacy resource materials and tools including web-content, privacy library, job aids, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of privacy laws, regulations, guidance documents related to privacy including but not limited to federal and provincial privacy legislation, Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP), OECD Privacy Guidelines
- Monitor, and conduct reviews of proposed or new privacy legislation changes, including any guidelines best practices, findings, tools to ensure CIBC is apprised of any changes required. This would include conducting gap analysis to assess CIBC’s compliance to privacy regulations
- Prepare Privacy Annual Board and Governance, Controls Committee reporting and any communications for privacy regulators or other regulators
- Work closely and collaborate with Data Protection Officers to ensure integration into their structures and support privacy program effectiveness. (e.g., review and provide feedback on confidentiality and privacy notices and materials reflecting our practices and requirements)
- Foster a culture of privacy by advocating for privacy- by- design, integration of privacy principles and demonstrating accountability for confidentiality and privacy
- Liaise with privacy professionals at peer FI’s and industry organizations to benchmark privacy practices
- Establishing strong working relationships with key stakeholders and business partners on privacy matters
- Act as the subject matter expert with knowledge of Canadian privacy laws and regulations on internal CIBC matters on committees, working groups, etc.
- Supporting Senior Director, Privacy and Chief Privacy Officer on strategic and tactical privacy activities as required
- As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, guidelines and controls.
- There are various legislative requirements, as well as internal CIBC codes of conduct, policies and standards concerning privacy and confidentiality. The purpose of this position is to support the Privacy Office mandate, particularly in the area of privacy issue risk assessment, escalation, tracking and reporting and compliance with privacy legislation. The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and various Provincial Privacy Legislations are followed by CIBC.
- As a Senior Consultant, Advisory this job is to escalate any reputational, legal or regulatory risk to the bank to the Senior Director and/or VP Privacy to ensure that appropriate actions are taken in dealing with the matter.
- The Senior Consultant, Privacy Office, supports the Senior Director and/or VP in demonstrating privacy governance within CIBC and supports the management of privacy across all CIBC business units.