Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Privacy Compliance, to be located at any J&J location in Canada.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager will lead and drive the Privacy Compliance Program for the Johnson & Johnson operating companies for Canada. The position will be located in Canada and the main priorities of the Senior Manager is to provide comprehensive support and strategic advice on personal data and privacy related matters for Canada but will participate in regional and global projects and activities from time to time to leverage best practices and expertise from other regions and functions. The Senior Manager will serve as a strategic business partner for all Sectors operating in Canada as directed by Privacy leadership from time to time with inputs from local management in Canada.
- Establish key business relationships representing the Privacy function to the business for all Sectors (Medical Devices, Consumer and Pharmaceuticals) operating in Canada.
- Ensure our core Privacy programs meet regulatory, legal and J&J privacy obligations.
- Address new and evolving external legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assume local Data Protection Officer role, or similar role under Canadian federal or provincial laws, if mandatory by any such laws or if provided as an option by law and considered relevant the Privacy leadership.
- Ensure privacy risks are effectively identified and addressed by applying privacy by design principles, addressing training needs and providing guidance while looking for efficiencies.
- Preparation for internal and external Privacy compliance audits and implementation of corrective actions, solutions and process enhancements.
- Participate in company’s compliance committees or similar governance council.
- Interface with the global/regional Privacy compliance community to share approaches and best practices on Privacy compliance and serve on teams to harmonize and optimize company approaches to privacy.
- Identify and recommend testing and monitoring program opportunities in collaboration with operations colleagues in order to demonstrate the Privacy compliance program is effective. Participate in and oversee the implementation plan for privacy initiatives in the sector and region.
- Identify, develop and implement new policies and procedures to enhance the Privacy compliance program with approval and input from Privacy leadership
- Proactively support new and evolving business models, technologies, and growth strategies. Drive innovation and simplification through individual goals, such as compliance program for new digital surgery product solutions, data driven personalized marketing initiatives for consumers and professionals and harmonizing standard commercial and clinical processes with global standards for consistency and efficiency
- Establish sound Privacy documentation and metrics to demonstrate compliance.
- Develop and deploy Privacy Framework training, education, and awareness for Canada businesses, consistent with Global Privacy communication plan.
- Support any inquiries from the privacy authorities and investigations that have privacy issues
- Support any privacy diligence requirements for acquisitions and third-party vendors & suppliers as applicable
This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed.