A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
– Administering the Privacy Impact Assessment process, which involves assessing the privacy impact of all new technologies, services, processes and vendor relationships that involve the collection, use, disclosure and processing of customer and employee personal information. This includes building process for new as well as legacy projects and risk assessing these projects.
– Researching and supporting the establishment of core competency in international data-transfer legislation and practice, trans- and cross border data transfers, and identifying changes in international legislation; assessing operational impacts of the same, and advising IT&S on the trends in future control requirements.
– Supporting and administering the self-assessment exercise by: support the business in assessing privacy risks and controls, completing the Global Operational Risk annual report and following up where necessary to ensure action plans are complete. We will also contribute compliance-related content to the report.
– Supporting the Privacy Office’s projections and safeguards over sensitive Bank personal information by assessing the impact of innovations in support of digital technology, including social media, tracking and profiling, and data analytics. Assessing the impact of changes in cloud and third party vendor management, new delivery channels such as mobile, and
– Implementing assessment mechanisms over third party and international data centers as a result of outsourced or cloud-enabled projects, including the analysis of Service Auditors reports and similar audit and third party attestations.
– Operating the monitoring and oversight program by: reviewing reports received by partners throughout the Bank (e.g., Branch Review Teams, Employment Law Group, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Symcor, etc.) for systemic or other issues; escalating or initiating corrective action as required; and documenting actions in accordance with the Privacy Office’s monitoring and testing program.
– Executing and documenting testing activities in accordance with the Business Conduct and Privacy Unit Compliance Oversight Plan.
– Manage and assist the Senior Manager with compiling all risk and control reports to develop dashboard reporting regarding scope and coverage of the privacy program. Provide metrics and develop analytics based on breaches, risk present, controls and remediation procedures implemented enterprise-wide.
– This includes: maintaining an up-to-date list of Business Unit Privacy Officers, in accordance with the Privacy Handbook; acting as the Secretary of the Canadian and Quarterly Privacy / Compliance Officers Committee; and supporting the Senior Manager’s efforts to build Business Unit Privacy Officer / Compliance Officer capacity.
Other Duties and projects as assigned