At the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health we are committed to excellence and innovation to serve the people of Saskatchewan. The Partnerships and Workforce Planning Branch is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to work in the Health Information and Privacy Unit. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a team environment with other like-minded professionals ensuring adequate protection of personal health information and moving forward access, privacy and information related matters and public policy development impacting our health system priorities.
Reporting to the Director/Chief Privacy and Access Officer for the Ministry, you will:
- Manage inquiries and respond to requests for access to information under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and The Health Information Protection Act (HIPA) and conduct privacy breach analysis;
- Develop, maintain and present where applicable, data sharing agreements, privacy impact assessments, privacy-related policies and training materials;
- Actively inform the Ministry’s ongoing development and implementation of legislation and regulation amendments including HIPA as it relates to the health system strategic priorities;
- Anticipate issues and inform the Minister’s Office and the Ministry to these issues and develop and communicate responses to public and stakeholder concerns;
- Lead and oversee the review, development and assessment of policy options on current and emerging issues including consulting with health stakeholders, provincial government ministries, federal and provincial government officials, and providing advice to senior Ministry officials.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan’s health system including trends, issues, structure and composition.
- Knowledge of access to information and privacy protection legislation, and an understanding of government’s public policy development and decision-making processes.
- Strong written oral and communication skills.
- Efficient collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, analytical and decision making skills.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage issues.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Typically, the knowledge for this position would be obtained through a graduate degree in a social science, health administration or a related discipline as well as experience in privacy-related issues, public policy development, and legislative and regulatory processes.
About the Ministry of Health:
The Ministry of Health is committed to a health system that puts patients first by providing Better Health, Better Care, Better Value, and Better Teams for Saskatchewan people.
Please apply online by using the link below:
Opening Date: January 12, 2018
Closing Date: January 26, 2018 Competition Number: RES003742
The Government of Saskatchewan offers a wide range of careers with purpose and passion. Our people enjoy an enviable work/life balance in an environment that supports creativity, innovation and diversity while providing learning and career development opportunities. We’re helping make Saskatchewan the best place to live, work and raise our families, by building the best public service in Canada. Join the team!
For more information on this and other opportunities in the public service, visit saskatchewan.ca/careers
Toll free 1-866-319-5999