Bring your in-depth knowledge and experience with IT change control to this unique opportunity
The IT Security, Privacy and Operations (ITSPO) Division of the Information Systems Branch of the Ministry of Attorney General is accountable for the design, implementation, and continual advancement of the provincial information privacy and security framework (including ensuring the sector’s compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FoIPPA), and other applicable justice-specific legislation.)
ITSPO develops and promotes current and proposed programs and services to support compliance with the privacy legislation and the BC Government’s Privacy Management and Accountability Policy (PMAP). ITSPO also guides the development of existing and new information systems and initiatives to ensure compliance with FOIPPA and oversees the review of, and provides direction on, complex, sensitive privacy breaches.
The Senior Privacy Analyst is responsible for the planning, analysis, development and coordination of the Sector security and privacy protection program, creating policy, procedures and guidelines in response to privacy legislation, regulations and corporate policy. The Senior Privacy Analyst works closely with the sector Information Security Officer (MISO), and the Ministry Privacy Officer (MPO) to support the Ministry Chief Information Officer (CIO) and advise senior management and program areas in their responsibility for information security and privacy protection, ensuring that requirements and risks are understood, best practices are employed, appropriate levels of scrutiny and subject matter expertise are brought to bear on IM/IT security and privacy protection, and that communications, understanding and balanced solutions are delivered in the IM/IT domain.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from. This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Karine.Bordua@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree. Preference may be given to candidates with a degree in computer science or information technology.
- Minimum 1 year of recent related experience. Recent related experience must include:
- Identifying and evaluating security and privacy risks from a business and/or technological standpoint;
- Interpreting and applying the provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in
- Conducting privacy and security audits and investigations;
- Providing training to staff; and
- Leading projects.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
Closing Date: 8/2/2018
Reference: ISL 27R