eHealth Ontario is the organization enabling physicians and health care providers establish and maintain electronic health records (EHRs) for all of Ontario’s 13 million residents.
The Senior Privacy Analyst will work closely with eHealth Ontario programs/projects and stakeholders to provide advice and support on a diverse range of complex, multi-stakeholder health information privacy issues that are transforming the eHealth landscape and support the delivery of key eHealth systems and contribute to Ontario’s eHealth agenda.
Your Chance to Shine:
• Manage privacy deliverables and deadlines in support of eHealth Ontario projects and providing ongoing consultation for projects as well as corporate and operational activities;
• Respond and provide advice and legislative interpretation for information and access requests, complaints or inquiries, appeals and privacy issues under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, apply knowledge and experience to fulfill obligations;
• Conduct privacy assessments including Privacy Impact Assessments(PIA) and provide subject matter expertise on policy and process, privacy requirements, legal agreements and information governance as it relates to the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
• Identify, develop and monitor risk mitigation plans in response to recommendations arising from investigations, and assessments;
• Review findings of compliance and monitoring program; privacy metrics, PIAs and privacy investigations –identify where action is required and recommendations to be address non-compliance to ensure eHealth Ontario is in full compliance with applicable legislation;
• Support and lead the development, revision and implementation of policies, procedures, reports and tools required for compliance with applicable legislation and regulatory requirements;
• Build and manage strong relationships with internal and stakeholders to ensure effective application, administration and compliance with applicable legislation and policy;
• Provide leadership and support as required to the eHealth Ontario provincial privacy committee and working groups;
• Foster the “privacy by design” principle by ensuring that privacy is built into all systems, processes, and policies undertaken by the organization;
• Demonstrate leadership in the role by mentoring, coaching and providing a quality assurance function to junior privacy analysts.
• Develop and conduct privacy training, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders as required.
Your Skills Make the Difference:
• Minimum of five years of relevant privacy experience; health care related experience is an asset.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
• Has direct operational level privacy experience, preferably in a health sector and/or IT environment with respect to:
o Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA)
o Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
o Canadian Standards Association Privacy code (CSA) and the impact and obligations arising from legislation/CSA code on the various individuals and organizations managing personal and personal health information in the health care system broadly;
• Knowledge and experience in developing and defining privacy requirements with respect to privacy legislation;
• Has in-depth knowledge as it relates to developing privacy policies, procedures, guidelines and has experience with statutory analysis;
• Experienced in managing privacy incidents, breaches and investigations;
• Shows a strong understanding of risk management frameworks and concepts;
• Shows strong business, analytical, research, presentation, writing and communication skills
• Has a proven ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to manage and prioritize, effectively, multiple competing projects/initiatives to meet the needs of Agency’s clients
• Is a team player with a strong client service orientation and is skilled in dealing with multiple stakeholders, managing complex situations with diplomacy and excellent relationship management skills.
Closing Date 27 October 2017