The TELUS Data & Trust Office provides world-class, innovative privacy solutions to TELUS. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities, support innovation and ultimately deliver on our promise to safeguard our customer’s privacy and to earn and maintain their trust.
We see compliance with the law as our starting point and we passionately pursue opportunities to demonstrate respect for our customers and their privacy through transparent, robust, and ethical privacy practices.
Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in privacy and data governance.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Privacy Investigator at TELUS, you will be responsible for executing on the Data Incident Breach Management Playbook, and leading investigations of suspected or actual data and privacy incidents. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify root cause, scope and nature of the incident and make recommendations on containment. Our desired Investigator would lead the entire investigation and provide ongoing reporting as progress is made.
- Regarded for planning and implementing the investigation processes and protocols for the Data & Trust Office to ensure compliance with all internal and external legislation
- Valued for conducting investigations of suspected and actual data and privacy incidents, providing all subsequent reporting requirements and recommendations to minimize risk to TELUS
- Respected for conducting Post Incident Reviews to identify, evaluate, develop plans and provide direction for functional areas to ensure mitigation of future risks; root cause analysis
- Known for developing strong relationships with other team members across the organization in various business units to better enable you to work as a business partner and advocate for the Data & Trust Office
- Respected for collaborating and influencing internal stakeholders, including customers, key stakeholder groups
- Confident in your contribution to the preparation of quarterly reports to senior management on privacy incidents
- Reputation for engaging in regular, ongoing, collaborative interaction with Security team to understand operational changes, security risks and support the business in assessing and understanding the privacy risks
- Passionate about learning continuously, innovating every day and seeking opportunities to develop and demonstrate thought-leadership
- Recognized for your knowledge and expertise in conducting investigations
- Respected for your leadership capability to collaborate and accomplish goals with others, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Trusted as a collaborative colleague who will act with integrity to fulfil TELUS’ commitments to its customers
- Known for your ability to methodically compile information to support investigative conclusions
- Sought after for your ability to develop creative solutions where challenges are presented
- Noted for the ability to protect the TELUS brand and assess material impacts to quickly mitigate corporate risk
- Confident in your ability to deal with ambiguity and complex concepts
- Recognized for the ability to take initiative and be proactive in identifying opportunities to support and enhance respect for privacy
- Post-secondary education & Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation
- Bilingualism in English & French, written and spoken
- Legal background/experience
- Project management experience
- Broad-based knowledge of the business & operations of TELUS or another telecommunications company