We’re looking for a Senior Privacy Manager who is passionate about privacy and a business enabler to support our world class privacy program at Hootsuite. You’ll be reporting to our Sr. Director of Privacy & Product Compliance and Data Protection Officer to help drive privacy initiatives across the organization.
You’re creative and adaptable and have proven experience in the technology industry. You’ve managed complex privacy projects across multiple business units. You’ll be familiar with translating global privacy laws into practical advice for business stakeholders. You’ll also be highly attuned to customer needs and thrive working in a fast paced, high tech environment.
Please note this position can be based remote in Canada or United Kingdom.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support Sr. Director Privacy & Product Compliance and DPO to develop the privacy strategy, scale the privacy program, privacy policies, and implement initiatives which create efficiencies for the business relative to privacy
- Develop and implement processes, guidelines, notices and other policy related documents across the organization.
- Develop and deliver privacy training and education initiatives and create internal awareness around privacy best practices
- Conduct privacy consultations and provide guidance to senior management and lines of business to foster strong privacy practices
- Build and socialize innovative processes and materials with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure timely and effective responses for customer data protection questions
- Review, update, and negotiate data processing agreements and other privacy documents with customers and vendors
- Oversee and conduct privacy assessments (PIAs and DPIAs) and leverage tools and solutions to streamline privacy management at Hootsuite
- Partner with various stakeholders to ensure privacy by design is embedded into the products and services
- Contribute to privacy incident management and investigations and partner with the Security team on the security incident response plan
- Manage the vendor privacy compliance program and strengthen oversight mechanisms to ensure third parties are adhering to privacy requirements
- Manage the data inventory and records of processing activities process and ensure this is kept up to date
- Measure the effectiveness of the privacy program and implement internal privacy reviews to drive improvements and overcome potential compliance gaps
- Monitor global privacy trends and legislation to ensure Hootsuite’s privacy program is proactive, compliant and efficient. As the laws evolve and the business changes, identify new privacy requirements and develop strategies for implementing these changes.