The Corporate Privacy Office enables the company to comply with various privacy laws to which it is subject around the world, manage data risks, and meet stakeholders’ expectations as it pertains to personal information management.
This position will help support various initiatives that are primed by the Corporate Privacy Office, such as the Global Privacy Assessment Program. You will provide advice and guidance to the business– CIO, HR, Marketing, Procurement, Data Analytics Office– and collaborate with other internal stakeholders to support the business in ensuring the company complies with laws and regulations that apply to all aspects of its operations. You will also play a role in supporting the company’s overall data governance framework and to help exercise and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of data governance.
- Lead or contribute to the design of, implementation, and maintenance of various privacy programs, including workforce education and awareness and IBM’s Global Privacy Assessment tool and program (PIA tool).
- Provide advice and guidance to the business to support compliance with applicable privacy law and to ensure that privacy risks are identified and properly addressed.
- Engage in regular, ongoing, collaborative interaction with the business to understand operational changes and support the business in assessing and understanding the impacts of laws and regulations.
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders as may be required regarding compliance activities and issues.
- Develop strong relationships with other team members across the organization in various business units to foster business partnership.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong leadership capabilities to collaborate and accomplish goals with others, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams where required
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively, to be a persuasive advocate
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills with a focus on win-win solutions at all times/strong collaborative skills to work with the business as a partner
- Ability to develop creative solutions where challenges are presented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex concepts
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in identifying opportunities to support and enhance compliance management
- Proficiency in English
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Compliance and/or Privacy function
- Experience designing/running a privacy program
- Project management experience required
- A broad-based knowledge of the business and operations of a globally integrated IT company is an asset
- Work style is creative, flexible, adaptable, centered, secure, and open in relations with superiors, peers and subordinates, and enjoy collaborating and working with others.
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple demands from a variety of sources.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.