The TELUS Data & Trust Office provides world-class, innovative privacy and compliance solutions to TELUS. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities, support innovation and ultimately deliver on our promise to safeguard our customer’s privacy and to earn and maintain stakeholder trust through effective compliance governance.
We see compliance with the law as simply our starting point and we passionately pursue opportunities to demonstrate respect for our customers and stakeholders through transparent, robust, and ethical business practices. Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in compliance, privacy and data governance.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Senior Program Manager for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Compliance, you’re in great company, working alongside some of the most passionate and innovative thought-leaders in Canada.
As a member of the TELUS Data & Trust Office, you will find your colleagues to be equally passionate about innovation, thought leadership and our commitment to earning and maintaining stakeholder trust every day in all we do.
We know that stakeholder trust in our business practices is essential to TELUS’ strategy. Leveraging your expert knowledge, you will play a leadership role in assisting all areas of the business to achieve and maintain compliance with the European Union’s (EUs) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) wherever it becomes applicable or, beyond that, is in the best interests of our customers and stakeholders.
Reporting to our Vice President and Chief Data & Trust Officer, your work leading our Compliance Governance Committee will ensure that governance of compliance programs across TELUS is consistently robust, efficient and effective. You will be specifically responsible for a number of compliance programs, including our Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Competition Law, Records Retention and Business Sales Code of Conduct programs.
Your work will also help transform the way TELUS manages data and implements privacy by design principles as part of our ongoing commitment to putting customers first, safeguarding personal information and protecting privacy in all our business operations. The opportunities presented to us to make better data-driven decisions in all that we do at TELUS and in society are growing rapidly and so are the expectations of our stakeholders when it comes to privacy, we want to exceed those expectations. With your help, we will shape, influence digital transformation in Canada.
- Known for executing an effective, efficient and robust GDPR compliance program that complements our industry-leading customer first approach to privacy
- Recognized for executing a customer first strategy to align with or exceed regulatory requirements and customer expectations in respect of compliance governance at TELUS
- Committed to partnering collaboratively across a broad range of business interests to develop and maintain strong working relationships across business groups, facilitating a team based approach for all activities
- Valued for identifying compliance governance risks, including those associated with the GDPR, and collaborating with stakeholders in affected business groups to manage those risks
- Sought out for providing consultation and advice to the Chief Data & Trust Officer on GDPR compliance risks and strategies and other critical, related issues
- Respected for focusing on continuous process improvements in the overall management of compliance risk
- Recognized for demonstrating leadership through your ability to make independent decisions in ambiguous situations to mitigate risk and protect the TELUS brand
- Confident in assisting the business in measuring and tracking risk, and in determining when and how to implement controls to mitigate risk
- Respected for taking accountability for the risks and results of the programs you run
- Knack for regular reporting to ensure a timely, accurate and useful assessment of the compliance risk level at TELUS
- Passionate about leading and mentoring other team members in meeting customer and regulatory expectations
- Committed to learning continuously, innovating every day and seeking opportunities to develop and demonstrate thought-leadership