Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your advisory skills and your ATIP knowledge to this position in Ottawa.
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Corporate Relations team, where you will be providing leadership, guidance and expert advice in support of the Corporation’s business goals and objectives, in compliance with applicable legislation and internal policies and practices.
How You Will Be Contributing
Providing expert advice to all levels of management, staff, stakeholders (federal, central and provincial governments) and requesters on the application and compliance of the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act.
• Providing advice and recommendations on privacy and access to information matters.
• Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) to ensure effective protection and sound management practices by identifying, assessing, monitoring and mitigating privacy risks.
• Implementing and managing policies and practices to ensure the protection of privacy of individuals (internal and external).
• Investigating, responding and reporting with integrity to alleged violations of privacy matters and privacy breaches.
• Training employees to increase their understanding and awareness of the responsibility under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act.
• Negotiating settlement of complaints filed by requesters with the Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC).
Response/Report Preparation and Execution
• Ensuring provision of accurate and thorough responses to requests within legislated time frames, including complaints filed with the OIC and OPC.
• Ensuring mandated reports are prepared, submitted and published in accordance with Treasury Board Directives and timelines.
Closing Date: 11:59 pm EST on September 16, 2018