With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity’s Good Money™ brand promise to our members, you will use your solid analytical and problem-solving skills to continually review and assess internal practices, to ensure compliance with Vancity’s regulatory obligations.
The Specialist Privacy reports directly into the Manager Privacy.
Managers will have accurate and timely regulatory, legislative and privacy information in order to support effective decision making.
Key areas of accountability for this role are:
- Research, identify and summarize new and amended regulatory and legislative corporate compliance requirements for Vancity and Vancity Community Investment Bank.
- Prepare and update quarterly compliance and privacy reports for the Board.
- Prepare and update the annual compliance policies and legislation for senior management.
- Respond to general compliance and privacy inquiries and conduct required research so that internal and external stakeholders receive accurate and timely information.
- Conduct research on special topics as directed by the Manager.
The successful candidate would be accountable for:
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Manage your ongoing career development at Vancity.
- Solid – Analytical skills to review information, detect anomalies, and investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Solid – Business acumen in the context of the financial industry.
- Solid – Communication and interpersonal skills to act as a resource for the specialized area, providing specialized advice, guidance, explanations, and related support; and also to participate development of program content.
- Solid – Problem solving and decision making skills to apply specific standards and guidelines to the work; escalating unresolved issues to senior staff
- Solid – Knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of the related field.
- Solid – Knowledge of Vancity strategies, functions and programs.
- Post Secondary Education/Diploma (Business)
- Post Secondary Education/Diploma (Related Discipline)
- Other (Law)