The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
The City of Spruce Grove is committed to taking every precaution reasonable for the protection of the health and safety of employees, their families and the public. Therefore, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to the start date.
This position is responsible for corporate oversight of information management and privacy, as part of the City’s Information Governance Program. This position’s focus is on accountability, integrity and traceability of information as required by legislation and business requirements. A key focus area for this position will be the efficient and effective intake, processing and completion of FOIP requests. This position will work closely with the organization to ensure that those components align with the program, and support the organizations strategic business objectives. This position reports to the Manager, Infrastructure & Operations.
Corporate Oversight for Information Management:
• Champion Information Management within the organization to heighten awareness and position the function as a key business resource by establishing credibility, integrity and executive presence.
• Champion and oversee life-cycle management of corporate data and information, including the annual records destruction, to ensure the information assets are secure throughout their lifecycle.
• Develop plans, policies and implement strategies and procedures for managing the City’s information assets in various formats and locations.
• Provide direction for creating and implementing vital records and business continuity plans.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives by identifying gaps, conducting assessments and creating business requirements for an effective Information management Program including assets and resources.
• Develop, define priorities for, implement and monitor strategic plan for the information management program using best practices to support and achieve long-range organization goals.
• Conduct quality control on business processes to ensure compliance with Information Management procedures, bylaws and best practices.
• Monitor expenses for Information Management program which includes costs associated with information destruction, automation, scanning, filing and organization.
Technology and Support:
• Provide expertise to contribute to the Information Governance Program with regard to information management and privacy requirements.
• Capitalize on opportunities to find efficiencies in information management through technology such as automation readiness, digital transformation and implementation of new software solutions.
• Identify, analyze and integrate new procedures and systems with established procedures and systems.
• Manage, monitor and maintain City’s Electronic Document Management software solution.
• Identify information management and privacy risks to corporate governance with new technology initiatives.
• Define information management and privacy requirements for City digital transformation initiatives.
• Manage collection of statistical data and review for trending to assess digital transformation readiness.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy:
• Serve as the City’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator.
• Process FOIP requests within the established timeframes defined in the Act
• Liaise with the City Manager and staff on FOIP matters.
• Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive FOIP Program for the City.
• Work with the organization to ensure freedom of information and protection of privacy is integrated into information management at the City.
• Provide advice to the organization with respect to the collection and use of personal information, confidentiality, freedom of information and protection of privacy.
Closing Date: January 16, 2022 at 10PM MST