The Senior Privacy Specialist is responsible for preparing Privacy Impact Assessments. This role is also responsible for Privacy by Design, including Privacy elements of Products and Services; incident management; policy maintenance and integration with other policies; and overall risk management.
This role reports into our Senior Manager, Privacy Office and works cross-functionally with our business lines and is integral to ensuring Coast Capital is compliant with privacy legislation.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be the privacy SME/advisor for all Coast Capital Savings Projects and new Processes
- Responsible for reviewing all new products and processes for privacy implications and provide advice or support to Business.
- Monitor legislative changes OIPC/OPC sites for regulatory guidance and regulatory changes and responsible for informing the Privacy Team
- Prepare Privacy Impact Assessments in coordination with business lines
- Prepare Privacy Vendor Risk Assessment including periodic assessments
- Liaise with Compliance on assessment and monitoring of regulatory controls
- Develop and optimize Privacy Office Procedures
- Conduct research for Privacy Office
- Be responsible for the tactical implementation of strategy and program management
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study in Risk Management/Legal/Data Security Specialized Certification/Professional Designation: CIPP/C or AAPP, CAPP or MAPP preferred
- Minimum 6 years of job related experience with privacy legislation or experience in a similar position in a closely related field. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the application of policies and/or procedures to ensure legal compliance
- Strong understanding of privacy legislation and principles
- Solid knowledge of CCS Operational policies and procedures
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of operational risks/prevention strategies applicable to financial institutions (across all business units and channels of delivery).
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects and to be a self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work with various levels of employees (up to the Executive level)
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive thinker to recognize risk and escalate as appropriate